Thursday 22 November 2012

Message & Delievery: Distribution 2

Using the feedback I got in the critique: it wasn't a envelope and that the mailing list never included that it was a mailing list it's self. I acted upon these, as well as adding more description to the perforation writing, which was also a critique I was given. I generated ideas on how to now convert the existing design into a envelope to meet the criteria. 


To work out how I was to create the design it's self I created a mock up to then calculate the measurements from and then create the final piece without having do guess work onto expensive stock and be wrong. So I got that out of the way to be thorough.



I came to a resolution I was really happy with, It was the same design roughly just with an extra panel, this then allowed me to add tabs onto the end which then went into the other side. This then enveloped it's self, it was a real simple change to the design.


I then created this into illustrator, I added more text into the design to refine the message, this really helped the overall design. As well as that I added in the image of Pussy Riot to accompany the text to give it more context.


As well as that I added in a title to the mailing list, which was a simple change but much needed in the end.



I had one problem initially which was that the tabs where the wrong end which came as an error while I transcribed the mock-up into illustrator  I didn't realize the tabs got flipped to the other side of the lip so the tabs couldn't go in because they were too far away.


I resolved this and then they fit perfectly.


I printed out 5 more and recreated the whole set of them again from this.


As proof of concept, the speech bubble came out perfectly of this one, The perforator started to give up and barely perforate anymore after this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment