Thursday 20 December 2012

Production & Development: How to


For the logo we could only really find low resolution versions of it, I live traced it and then we added on the subtext to it which turned out to be Helvetica. These were then to be used as the logos a train and a bus one. We used the logo as a place holder first.



I drew a few little cars and trains to be featured as graphics in the posters for everyone else to use.



I didn't really like the car one so that didn't get used, it was kinda scary for a car. 


I tried creating one from shapes that was similar but it didn't really work out.


The train however I thought looked really good, so I developed it by drawing in little windows and a streak across just like the first trains have on their livery.




I then turned the carriage train into a pattern for everyone else to use, you then had to place the end train car onto the end of it so you'd have a full train carriage set.



I experimented with typography for the posters, I really like the contrast between the dirty typeface and the rounded one. They worked really well together as a couple.



Because this was for the car one, where our problem we were conveying was that it's hard to find a parking space in the city, I wanted to use the no-parking sign and use it to get the message across faster. I drew this out from an existing parking sign.


This is how that then went together with the typography, I moved the ark? across and placed in the P. I really like the humor in it as a rhetorical question. That the viewer would then answer in their head 'I probably should have got the bus' been the idea behind it. Or got a First bus. 

Will created this car and tire mark image, I really liked it but I didn't think the pound symbol was close enough to a pound symbol so I moved the anchor points to changed the handles to make it closer resemble a pound symbol. As well as that draw out the car to be in the same stylisation as the train carriages.

Before:

After:


I attempted to do the typography on it as well, trying different things but I couldn't get anywhere with that.


For Suzie's posters I drew out the cars she was wanting to use in the same style and created grouped stacks for her to use.

Before:


After:




For Grace's parking ticket I helped her create the dotted line around the edge, I did this by creating two squares diagonal to each other, doing the same as I did with the train carriage I created it into a pattern that she could then draw with the pen tool.



I worked out the length of what each square should be (5mm) for the parking ticket and sized down the squares so that they would all fit together when they came to fit on the final thing, below been that, It took awhile to do because they would overlap and create a large gap on the corners. In the end though I was really happy it worked out.


No comments:

Post a Comment