Friday 14 December 2012

Tracing Letters



For the lesson we had to had printed out ABC in upper and lower case in Roman, Script, Block and in Gothic fonts. Each in their own 10 cm sq piece of paper too.




In the lesson I then had to get two strips of tracing paper and place one of the letters under the tracing paper, 
and tracing them to add and subtract parts to them, such as making the stems bolder and the bowls lighter on the B's. We then had to try and create the lightest possible version of a character through to the boldest.

I particularly found the C the hardest to make bolder as well as the A, I wasn't sure where to draw out the letter, particularly for the lightest of the A. I was completely stumped on how or where to draw the serifs. I simply drew the bottom and longest line from it eventually as that seemed the obvious solution as it was the one touching the baseline.

No comments:

Post a Comment