Wednesday 30 January 2013

End of Module Evaluation: OUGD405

What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I’ve developed how I work in a group, baking muffins and working more independently. These skills were developed individually through each of the modules, for the How-to brief I really got into the group work because I really enjoyed having the multiple minds; I think I effectively applied that development by helping to coordinate the group into working roles and helping them using Adobe Illustrator. My baking skills developed in Typogateux, baking every few days through trial and error to get the muffins just right a real challenge and I think from that I can apply the skills to different areas of working from that. Working individually came naturally as with the briefs as they put me to research my own theme given in the research brief and put me in charge of the development of that.

What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I developed my ideas my through my notebook because it felt more natural for me to work this way when I’m at a computer, this was during the research brief and jotting down my ideas while I worked felt the most suited to me. I think this then came then informed my ideas more when it was to development because I had it all in one place I could continuously work on it because it was always near me or in hand. This was then easier to translate onto the software on the computer because the notebook was small enough to fit on my desk while I worked instead of using sheets that would be behind me or elsewhere because they can’t fit.

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on them?

I think my strengths that have developed during this module would be how I research and develop my ideas, I believe through the use of my notebooks I think it’s something I’m going to continue to use this but create worksheets from my notes for presentations like how I did in the How-to brief.


What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

I think my weaknesses lie in time management and blogging as I go, otherwise I get a backlog of work which piles up. To address this I think It’s best I do start doing the blog everyday as I work on it, I need to create a routine for myself when It comes to the development period in the work to iron out the issues before they pile up.

Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?


1.       Brainstorm more at the start of a brief to create more different starting points for myself in my notebook so I can keep that at hand instead of getting stuck in a single idea.
2.      Keep a brief at hand, or write down the requirements so I have a clear Idea of what I need to produce for each.
3.      Blog more as I go so I don’t get a backlog of work to do afterwards.
4.      Create more design ideas in the development period to have a bigger range of solutions to work from.
5.   Start to bring in InDesign into my workflow to take advantage of it’s software capabilities.



How would you grade yourself in the following areas?

Attendance: 5/5
Punctuality: 5/5
Motivation: 4/5
Commitment: 4/5
Quantity of work produced: 4/5
Quality of work produced: 4/5
Contribution to the group: 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment