Thursday 21 February 2013

Indesign Task: Aardvark



In indesign I setup a new document to the specification of the brief, but due to how you would work normally in industry, you would print onto two separate pages so to correct this I have done this to it.


This is how you would work normally within industry when it comes to making a double page spread.


I've setup my print settings as well, having crop marks and bleed ticked because when it prints it wont fit perfectly so it'll need to be trimmed down. Also you can rely on leaving print blank pages to not print the first page but doing range 2-3 prints only my double page spread.


However I make pages they always separate, with facing pages and without it too.


To get around this in the menu on the top right if you untick All document pages to Shuffle it allows you to freely move around the pages.



This allows me to make any arrangement of pages, so if I was to create a multipage leaflet (consatina leaflet) I can create a series of 3 pages front and back sides and work on at the same time. Or if you wanted to create a book where the book would have more pages in the middle for example. It simply allows you to create more complex page layouts.


If you want to create a ruler on a page, keep the mouse on it. If you want a ruler on both pages drag it off both pages.


When it comes to adding in images to Indesign I need to change the size of it and it's format in Photoshop (.tiff for indesign)


So here i've increased the image size by 130% to the same degree in Indesign


At the top of the page I can find out how much I have increased my image by, in a percentage. I can find this information out also in the links palette. If I do increase the size of the image I have to then apply this change to the file within photoshop.


Just like clipping mask if you go to object > create compound shape you can do this to any object, even text if you go to create outlines. It's esstentially a clipping mask.










No comments:

Post a Comment