Friday 15 February 2013

Secret 7 Production

I first started by drawing up loads of thumbnails for the secret 7, I wanted to keep it simple, the themes I wanted to bring across where Revenge, Romance, Past-love, Night after. Etc. Love hearts, Bottles, Heels. All to reflect the song and what I interpreted from it.


I first started by doing quick enlargements of the rough sketches to turn into illustrations.





Using the drawing of the vine, I turned it into a brush on illustrator, I really liked the effectiveness of this as I felt It was a incredibly easy solution to drawing it all out where as with this I could just draw it with a line, something I really want to make more us of.


Behind the vectored patterns, I painted behind them using Photoshop I wanted to make them appear rather 3D. I liked how it looked without the lines too but It was too rough.


I thought perhaps the petals behind it would be nice but I ain't really to sure on it.





For the bottle It looked rather off so I used a photo as reference which I then drew from to get the correct proportions from. I thought it was particularly effect in the end result, rough as it is I really liked the outcome.


It was a lot more effective in colour. Red been the colour of love, It made sense to incorporate it, I wanted to create mini stories around the other illustrations this one revolving around 'Love me not's.


Another similar one, I was wanting to create a similar tale, dropped bottle of wine after a break up.




Here I was thinking more like Cinderella, thrown aside heels with the rose at the ground, returned home from rejection. 




No comments:

Post a Comment