Saturday 22 February 2014

Secret 7" Final & Mockup

Although I did it last year, I thought I'd redo Secret 7 this year and try my luck. However I wasn't so lucky again. However I did get to try out illustrating again which was good. I'd like to get back into drawing, I feel like I've tapped into this through responsive.


I started from a drawing of the dog I came up with, spot. Although I did multiple different variations this was my favourite one. I had a different aesthetic in mind for this illustration. I wanted to break it all down and hand render each element to give it a more organic feel instead of simple just drawing it up with a Wacom tablet.


I coloured it in on illustrator and then split of where I wanted the fill and outline would be. I turned these black and printed them out.









I created multiple different pastel shapes and forms to see what brought out the texture best. I coloured in spot as well as drawing the outline in pencil and coloured graded it all in photoshop. I really loved how this one turned out. Although it was quick I'm happy with how well the aesthetic turned out after some tweaking. Although I don't see it as a prize winner I'm happy of what I accomplished.






updated with mockup:


No comments:

Post a Comment