Monday 25 November 2013

OUGD504: initial mocking up

With my scramps and sketches drawn up i feel comfortable in being able to start mocking up my website ready for the progress crit. 





I love how these turned out, they have a great presence, they remind me of old time game pieces which is good in a way because this is the look i'm trying to achieve with the website. I'm not wanting to create something that is too gambly looking but at the same time I want it to be associated with games in one way or another. 



I'll be going with the design above for the design of the website, it's the strongest one out of the lot it, the use of the cards as the main centre piece will work well on multiple platforms especially if their big they'd be great on a ipad.


Game page


Categories


Catergories




I'd like the bottom of this page to have slightly peaking out cards so it entices you to start scrolling down instead of indicating otherwise.


I started with basic shapes in illustrator building up from the navigation bar then working down.
I didn't like the floating navigation bar however so i changed it to a solid white top, i thought this would be easier to manage when it comes to creating my containers and all the rest of it.




I liked having the bit in the middle just a little bit higher to draw your attention to where it was on the page, along with that I really liked how the white lines helped as well, which were by accident. oops. But it looks good nether the less! I'm quite happy with the way it's looking here.


 I experimented how else this could be taken, with patterned side bars due to the white line, but ultimately I still preferred the 2nd one i created. the white backgrounded one was simply too plain and the one below to over the top.



No comments:

Post a Comment