Saturday 19 April 2014

Fresh Rubber Evaluation


Fresh Rubber is a brand new motorsport blog, opinion and discussion site that intends to rival existing outlets in this category by providing a fresh and stylish fan based approach to issues in motorsport.

Create a series of logos based on the same design principle but with differences in text and colours of text.

Unlike the other briefs however, I was contacted by a friend for this brief to design a series of logos. Although it wasn’t paid work it was valuable experience for me to work with a client. Which taught me how to respond to client feedback and how to act on it as well in response.

The work it’s self was engaging for me because it was unlike any other logo work because it wasn’t working with just typed out letters and required me to construct the letters by hand in Adobe Photoshop one by one. The aesthetic this achieved wasn’t like anything I’d done before because it was so different to the usual stuff I do. It pushed me outside of my comfort zone to take advantage of the skills and techniques I know within Adobe Photoshop and employ them into logo design.

For the above reasons, I’ve really enjoyed doing this brief as it is a departure from the usual as I did with the other briefs, Illustration, it wasn’t a type of logo design that was uninteresting to me because of how different the process working in creating them as well as working off feedback and critique from my client. This made it different to the other briefs in just been something submitted and forgetting about it and it made me passionate about the logos I was created and invested. This is the type of work I would like to create later on, but perhaps with money involved.

Although this work is to carry on past the module deadline, we are working together to create more variants and sizes to the logos at a later date, which would take up unnecessary time on my part.


For the work I have so far which is the near finalized logos, however they mostly require a bit of tweaking, I’m really happy with how they came out in response to the brief he outlined and I think it hits it rather well in terms of what they were asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment