Saturday 19 April 2014

Threadless Evaluation

Threadless runs multiple competitions for shirt designs throughout the year and the winning designs are chosen by an online community. The competition they were running this time around was for an Architecture inspired design.

Create a t-shirt design to submit based around the theme of architecture.

The challenge from this really was getting a design in early on in the competition because of how the voting system works. However although I wasn’t late to submit I wanted to anyway to see how I would did. The submissions that had been submitted at the start have remained at the top from the day I submitted, which is discouraging but I do like the opportunity to do it.

I’d just finished a brief all on house building, Redrow, I thought I’d revisit that area and see if I could make something comical out of it. My concept for this was to show the conversion of green houses in Monopoly to the upgraded Red Hotels, although it would have been best to show 4 houses, it would have been impractical and would have been difficult to show the concept as easily as the singular one does.

Although this was another day brief, I did really enjoy it, mostly the illustrating part. I think which became a thing with almost all of the responsive outcomes, I think the main reason been because I like creating imagery and I think as impact seeing a illustration opportunity excites me more then a logo or branding. Even though they still interest me, I prefer the illustration side to things like how I took up the job to illustrate for Redrow, this was made a realization to me through this module.


I enjoyed this brief, even though I don’t see much coming from it, however I liked been able to just pick a brief like this and just go with it and I think I’ll do more of them like it later on in the year because it gave me a good opportunity to explore my illustration skills, even though I did reuse elements from Redrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment