Monday 6 January 2014

Design for Print & Web: Greaseproof paper lining & wrap development

I wanted to create the same look you get when get a sandwich/burritos wrapped up in greaseproof paper (such as subway, trinity kitchen, barburito) I covered up a book with plain printed paper of the paper I had made earlier to see how it looks physically rather then on screen because I find it hard to see how it'll look when it's finally done.


Pattern at 100%


Pattern at 120%



Pattern at 200% (roughly)

I really didn't like it really big like this, It looked way to much like wrapping paper and that's not what I was aiming to achieve. The original 100% is what surprised me the most as It seemed the most effective but I wouldn't really know until I used it with the right material and on the right shape. 


I scrupled the paper around a dishcloth and it seemed really nice, well it looked authentic at least.


 I attempted to print on some greaseproof but the ink simply ran off the paper, the fact that I could see the dishcloth's fabric didn't help enhance it's look.


Another attempt.


I tried on some tracing paper, this time wrapping the dishcloth with tin-foil and it was a lot more effect, but the tracing paper was a bit too thick so it looked a bit off.



I applied the pattern to the inside of the packaging and I really liked it, it worked it in the tray really well. I do really like it on the burrito wrap as well It looks real and thats what I'm most happy with.




I thought It'd look really good on the side of the mug, the only thing is that if it was vinyl it wouldn't really work to well because just black the logo isn't too effective. Same for the below concepts.




No comments:

Post a Comment