Saturday 11 January 2014

Design for web: Game page and submit page

I realised the categories I had were a bit too specific so I decided to take a step back and broaden it so to make it for all the categories that were included in the one before which are now in lists on the right of each rectangle. I prefer this because now there was more to talk about and it created a better interface overall. It looked neater.




I added a button to pull you back to the top. Im a bit undecided on it at the moment but I think It would work well with the rest of the page signally because It is a universal symbol, I think for the length of the page however it's probably easier to just scroll up.

I decided to quickly mock up my submit page from my previous sketches quickly, I split it down to how I was going to have my game page, objective and rules. This way users can easily right about others. I included hints to what about on the left side so to give them a better idea of what they could say.


Next to create was the Game page, I saw a picture of cards laid out like the below and I wanted to create something similar because It was the idea I was going for, solitaire had the most reference photos to work from when it came to it so mocked up my page using solitaire.



I added labels and the Foundation cards on the top to make it clear to the references that would be included within the text on the left side.




For each rule I modified the card set I had created to show the rule in effect, for instance on the top if you have a ace at the start you move it to the top.


And if you have a king you are allowed to move it to a different page. I would LOVE to do this for every rule and for every game, but I simply lack the time so there's nothing I can really do about it now. I really like this setup, I choose to do 2 columns for the body copy so I could include both rules and a explanation using the lines to help differentiate between each one.


No comments:

Post a Comment