Thursday 9 January 2014

Design for Print & Web: Screen printing (Napkins & Coasters)

I put together a document of the logos and fills for creating coasters and napkins in todays day of screen printing.



I had them exposed the day before. HOWEVER...


One screen was sort of ruined, the emulsion started coming off when i was washing it so as you can see above, I had to create and additional 2 screens. This really wasted a lot of time, It got me a bit annoyed.



I mixed together Hooker green and some flourcense green to get the colour I wanted, I know it turned out a bit too bright but It was a colour close enough as I could get.


I brought two different napkin types, the first which was One ply kept doing this. It was too thin and kept shredding it's self.


Left marks on the paper I put below, it was so thin the paint was going through it!


The two ply did manage to not rip, instead It became soggy from the paint on it so they were wasted.


I resorted to doing just the black and this worked really well eventually, until my screen's emulsion started coming out again. I patched it up using masking tape, below, and this seemed to do the trick because I couldn't be bothered to make a new screen. When I washed it there wasn't any damage done so it must have been fine.


Result.


After the napkins where done I started on the Coasters which was a 3 colour job. I had to print them all on 10x10cm mount board pieces I cut up twice over using the green and red I created earlier.


I had a lot of trouble aligning the black on the top of the green, this proved really difficult even using the guides I made for my self It always had a very SLIGHT white mark around it.


I used a circle cutter, although Neil advised against it due to been a pain to do, I went with it because It was gonna be the only way for me to fully get a circle how I wanted it. 


All cut!



No comments:

Post a Comment