Monday 13 January 2014

Design for Print & Web: Packaging tray

I was really inspired by the trays they used in trinity kitchen, I attempted to recreate one from memory, It worked really well however I couldn't get the angles of the sides of the trays to be just right.


I originally had a slip of paper in the base to act as an absorber of sorts but I decided against this eventually.


I got hold of one of the trays from trinity kitchen by asking one of the staff for one, although they gave me odd looks, I did manage to recreate the perfect angles and shape for the tray which was really helpful. It was this below I couldn't get just right, the tabs were really odd.


I printed the net I mocked up in illustrator out onto 3 different colours and cut these out to make.


It did crop them a bit but I calculated where I needed to cut.









Of all the trays, I REALLY liked the green one, It was by far the most effective of the set. The red was nice but it was just too red. It didn't say food as much as the green did.


No comments:

Post a Comment