Tuesday 20 May 2014

Golden Age Development

The website is another thing I'm really pleased with from this brief, as much as I'm interested in websites, I don't want to create plain ones, I think this shows something different people wouldn't really have seen before I would hope. It's got all the aesthetic of something class but Its weighted by the fun and charm that is within the golden age cartoons. It'd be child appropriate but it's gonna be used by adults, it'd be the place where I'd want them to see what they could relive, the cartoons in big picture. 


On top of the basic frame I wanted to include the curtains that were part of my other concepts but I didn't get around to using. I used my previous drawings to start on it, but It seemed the final solution was simply the side curtains, they were much more effective. They created the idea of what it was but didn't obviously show the full thing.






The curtains needed decoration to make them a bit more lively. The lines that finished at a point appeared to make it more darker then it really was, it's a soft illusion. Happy surprise.





I thought the use of the gloved hand would have been a playful use of pointing arrows, but I then realised. The hand cursor is exactly that. So It seemed really redundant to use it at that point. I did keep it for the littler things, but for the bigger ones, I scrapped. I did like the idea though, It seemed to work well.





I recreated the event's listing page as another page, I loved how the half tone came out on the screen in white. It worked exceptionally well. I prefer my home page because It's more playful.




No comments:

Post a Comment