Monday 19 May 2014

Golden Age Screen Printing

To really get the metallic I needed, I had to screen print it. I'd learned about the metallic inks down at vernon around christmas time when Grace was making Christmas cards for a LCA competition. I didn't want to foil because I know how tedious of a process that is, and it doesn't get the same consistent effect that the metallic ink does. The only problem with the m.i is that it dries really quick so I had to wash my screen a lot to stop it fully drying into the screen.


The first test pass really got me excited because all of the details come through perfectly and I didn't expect the images to look as nice as they did. It got me really motivated to carry on and do a load more.





The only problem I had when I was screen printing was the lining up of the half tone and the gold, It was quite hard to fully get them to line up by eye, so I had to settle. I should have left some room on the right hand side but I didn't know any other way to align it more accurately. I normally asked Neil, but he wasn't in and Mike was busy. So I just had to go with my gut.


It looked super though.


No comments:

Post a Comment