Wednesday 19 March 2014

Purdeys Inital (Abandoned)

After doing the crit where we had to analyse and rethink each others crit, Me and Ellen had discussed about actually doing the Purdey's one individually. So I looked into if at all it'd be able to do it quickly. I went to wilko's to see if they had any bottles I could use for the brief. I found some cheaply, however due to the brief asking that the bottle has a opaque covering I looked into what paint I could get to dip it in.



The cream one caught my attention because It'd work well if it was then used in conjunction with black vinyls.


Purdey's is really cheap in 99p store in town as well, for 69p. Surprisingly.


The drink it's self is okay. I wouldn't buy it at full price, it was a nice change in taste however. Not really had anything like it. 



The bottle is really dark, even holding up to the light. So It'd need to be this opaque if I was to make my own.


Since the other group had gone in kind of round about way of doing botanicals. I looked into what Purdey's actually contains, and found it was fairly easy to find illustrations of plants that are in it if I were to illustrate it.





However, I've decided to drop the idea of doing the brief, mostly because of time and how close already it is to the deadline. I don't think i'd have the time to create something I'd feel is effective enough to stand up against the rest of the crowd.


No comments:

Post a Comment