Monday 31 March 2014

Tiger Print Production

I started the tiger print brief by drawing all the animals and things I could imagine in the wood, trees, acorns, animals, etc. However I decided to make the pattern easier to make, I'd make each animal from a shape. So fox been a triangle. Rabbit/bear a circle and whatever else a square. That way I could interlock them to create a well fit pattern.



The first tree I drew was my favourite, it was also the one to become the pattern.



This was my favourite fox because I think it had a good sense of character in him, unlike the one above him who looks a bit daft in comparison. I wanted the animals to be cute, but I didn't want them to be child like. Just a simple representations.








Example of how I wanted my pattern to work.  However I didn't go forward with this because of the antlers making everything really awkward to work together. Instead I created the tree pattern instead, which surprised me how modern it looked. I loved how it was like trees standing both up and upside down, so the pointing up tree is the roots.





The antlers really threw this one off, although I did take them out, I didn't work that well with the tree included because It drew too much attention to it's self.



I settled for it to be like this because it's what seemed like it wanted to be. Aesthetically I'm happy with it however I'm not to so with how I wish i turned out as it could have been better. I'm more pleased with how the tree pattern turned out more then anything else because of how simple and effective it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment