Friday 21 March 2014

Yoke - Dialogue production

I started off by creating all of the letters I would need to spell out dialogue, because since it was 8 letters it'd split off into two halves rather well. This was taken from a International naval code poster.



I organised them int other rows and I wanted and increased the stroke length because they looked a bit feeble when it came to sizing them up. As well as that It was to go towards an aesthetic I had in mind.


To improve it I decided to curve the lines to give it a bit of life instead of just having straight lines, although I liked the idea of having multiple ones. It wouldn't really make sense to, so I left it was it was. I curved the edges of the lines to make it not feel so abrupt and crude.







I did create other entries, although the I wasn't to happy with them. To fit in with the naval theme I tried to recreate my own Jolly Roger. However I wasn't really all that happy with it so I didn't bother.


On top of that I did experiment with other flag signals, It just wasn't as visually interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment