Friday 13 December 2013

Design for Print: Book final outcome book binding

I was really confident in the printed elements of this book, I was rather nervous about printing the book simply because I only had a few copies of it to test on. I was surprised when it finally put them all together how fat the book was. I didn't expect it to be so thick!


I really liked how when I had the book on its side I could see all the pages which has a fill colour like this It was a lovely touch.


The pages all organised on my bed ready for putting together. I did so I could organise together copies that were of the highest quality and least printing defects (such as smudges and whatever else was picked up)


1 been the one of the highest.



I bound together a blank copy first using my left over mount board to double check my format and binding was going to work. Mostly to test the pva + acrylic that Sarah has suggested earlier.




When applied with the pva the orange flourcsent was very close to the printed colour, however the more layers I applied to deeper and deeper the colour got. Not in a bad way but It was good that it wasn't going wrong.




Once it had dried, I cut it off the excess and then cropped it down to size. I was really happy with how it turned and, I loved how when i opened up the book I had a orange line down the middle of each double spread that was an added bonus really. 



I created a few copies doing this method and I was really happy of how they all turned out. I did accidentally crop some a bit short / wonky but thankfully it wasn't on the copy of the highest quality (1)



No comments:

Post a Comment