Monday 9 December 2013

Design for Web: Website development

Continuing from the previous post, I did manage to get the two containers nearly in their correct position, but for some reason they still didn't want to behave.  

To spread out:


To far to the right:

I've decided to call them the goldilocks containers. I looked online on ways on getting things centre and I saw a suggestion to use Auto for the middle one if you simply make it margin and this makes it so both the left and right axis equal each other out and make it equal. I'm unsure as to why this is why it works but it does, dreamweaver and css seem VERY tempermental It's incredible that people are able to problem solve in it it just doesn't ever seem to do what I want it to.


Just right.



When I inserted the text as an image it didn't work, I thought instead to insert it as a rollover and for each image just repeat and that worked instead. I don't know if that came with any side effects but it works.

For the cards on the front I created the backs of them to work as rollovers.




Despite the fact that both of these are touching what happened to them is that when i rollover they're slightly jumping which shouldn't happen because The roll overs were direct copies so I really don't know how that's happening. It doesn't impact the look of it or placement of them so i'm gonna leave it because I attempted to fix it and it didn't work.


I added in or to the mix, I needed to pad both left and right for this to fit in, I did that using illustrator to get it to fit right with the measurements. I removed the colour from the container and voila!


You can't really see in the screenshot but the colours varied from Safari to Chrome, I don't know which one is more accurate but the colours in Chrome were a lot more vibrant.





No comments:

Post a Comment