Saturday 7 December 2013

OUGD504: Website redesign

Straight from the crit the first changes I needed to make where that of the colour, it was simply to RED. I didn't realise how red it was until the crit and I had actually seen what it was like with my screen on full brightness. Very red. I moved the slider around until I found a more appropriate red that i thought suited the look of the website.

Another detail was getting rid of the black, it was one of the first things I needed to change simply because it was clashing with the red and was looking too much like something related to gambling. It had to go, Instead i choose to go with the sort of dried blood looking brown, It worked well with the red and I thought it complimented rather well.


I used the pattern i had made from the heart, diamond, spade and clubs to create a halftone effect to use for shadowing of the cards. I really liked how this turned out especially in the brown.


Next on the list was getting the logo to POP! I decided to create it's on eco-space with a rectangle, It seemed to really give the something that was missing in the logo for the website. however it looked a bit flat on the white background and I wanted it to stand out a bit more.


I added a box around the navigation bar and this seemingly did do the logo some justice but it seemed just a slightly bit off, but i'm not to sure quite what.


I tried it in a load of different colours but i still prefer the original in red rather then the variants below, it's a lot more aesthetically pleasing to me.






the stand alone logo for the website



No comments:

Post a Comment