Tuesday 3 December 2013

Design for Print: Icons development & creation

Although more is on my design sheets, I did develop the icons further while creating them here are some of the developments of such icons.


Although It's an error I didn't spot till when it was too late. I didn't realise the rotating of which I wrote CMYK.


For the Pantone page I made multiple items but in the end I didn't make use of the because I didn't really think they look professional enough. I made them all red objects because originally I was going to use red flourcense ink.





I had trouble with the graphs because what happened when i scaled it down to size is alot of the detail was lost so i had to resimplifiy it over to make it work.


The book icon was one of my favourites of the lot because of how well it worked in the book and is what set of the style for the rest of the icons for me.


I intended for the pages with CMYK and RGB to have tracing paper over the top of them but I forgot to include the paper leaves in when it came to bind the book.


CMYK ink droplets that went unused.


Instead I used a printer and screen, two icons that are instantly recognisable for what they do and represent.


I made the book from an angle so to I was able to display more or less all the features in the book rather easily and from this base I was able to quickly put together each book binding type.


As seen below, They all stem from this simple body frame work.




No comments:

Post a Comment