Thursday 12 December 2013

Design for Print: Book printing

I don't know how I managed to not get that many photographs of me screen printing, I think It was mostly because everything went right. I did get VERY confident when it came to actually doing screen printing, the only real problem was working around the time table of the facilities. 

I took me a full week to screen print all my pages and 3 full A1 screens, I was able to get really efficient at screen-printing. I think from doing this I'd feel like i'd be able to screen-print whatever I'd want. Mostly because of how tedious this was and exhausting. I'd definitely not pick to do it again however. It took me way to long to do and I defiantly know I could have got on with other work in that time if only I wasn't screen printing (1pm through to 6pm most days).




I had to setup a lot of guides to help me print, I would have ripped one after the other off but it was easy just to pull them all off in one big go.


I used my negatives to help me align each page, this I found was really helpful apart from when they got really scatty towards the end.


However the text was the biggest pain in the arse to align simply because it's fine detailing and 





Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment