Tuesday 3 December 2013

Design for print: Layout development

Although more evidence of layout development is evident on my design sheets I thought it'd be good to show what happened during the creation of the publications pages.

Initially I wasn't going to have a fill page, I choose to eventually simply because it gave the book a bit of breaking space, instead of straight introducing each chapters contents like the image below. Eventually changed to be like the one below it.



Before I had icons I had the left side of the body copy made for adding in any additional tid-bits because I thought it'd be a easy to to see more information fast. I didn't realise till later the potential for adding in icons into the top left of the page which i ultimately made use of and I think it finished of the pages really nicely.





I squashed up the grid on this page so it would fit into the grid like the C page looks like about. I decided it would look better to have everything fitting within the same boundaries and because of this I had to cut some content from the grid that didn't fit in.



No comments:

Post a Comment